Mental Health Clinician
- Name: Debbie Iadisernia
- Position/Title: Mental Health Clinician
- Years at Liberty: 1 ½ years
- Describe your job in 25 words or less: Work with consumers from a development center who are dually diagnosed with intellectual disabilities/mental health challenges transitioning to Liberty Healthcare’s EBHS residential program.
- What career achievements are you most proud of? When I received my Masters’ Degree as a marriage and family counselor, I developed the Discovery Clubhouse, a psychosocial program for dually diagnosed consumers with mental health issues and addiction, in central San Diego. The program’s purpose was to empower consumers to integrate into the community by entering the workforce, volunteering, and/or pursuing an education.
- What qualities do you think are important for enriching and diversifying an organization’s culture? I think an organization should be flexible and encourage employees to think outside the box. The organization should celebrate diversity by recognizing achievements employees have accomplished.
- What is your personal definition of success? The secret to my success is to strive to educate myself as much as I can about my work and inspire others so I can make a difference in someone’s life.
- What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most? I enjoy working closely and spending quality time with the staff and our consumers and watching them grow to their fullest potential.
- What advice would you give to recent hires? I would tell them to get to know the consumers they work with, know their history, listen to them, give support and understanding, and have fun so the consumers can have a good quality of life.
- Favorite quote or personal mantra: “One person can make a difference.”
- Favorite TV show: I like to watch psychological thrillers such as The Sinner, The Detective, and Crime Investigation.
- Favorite book/author: I have a few authors that I enjoy such as Rosenfield, Grisham, and Connelly.