Jose Antonio Dzul Garcia
- Name: Jose Antonio Dzul Garcia
- Position/Title: Facility Administrator, The Laura Dester Children’s Center | Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Years at Liberty: 2 years 8 months
- Describe your job in 25 words or less: Under the direction of Liberty of Oklahoma Executive Director and per state regulations, the facility administrator is responsible for the daily operations of The Laura Dester Children’s Center.
- What career achievements are you most proud of? Working in the intellectual disabilities field for over 31 years. Also, being part of the Liberty Healthcare/Liberty of Oklahoma team.
- What qualities do you think are important for enriching and diversifying an organization’s culture? Mutual respect, acceptance and embracement of constructive diversity, promoting genuine tolerance.
- What is your personal definition of success? Success is a journey not a destination.
- What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most? Learning from others, coaching others, and empowering others so that in turn they can empower others.
- What advice would you give to recent hires? Liberty Healthcare Corporation is full of professionals who are willing to share their knowledge with those who are willing to learn. Learn as much as possible from these professionals. Someone once said “A lifelong learner is a lifelong winner”.
- Favorite quote or personal mantra: “There is no pit so deep, that God’s love is not deeper still” Corrie ten Boom.
- Favorite TV show: I don’t watch a lot of TV but I do like educational documentaries & sports.
- Favorite book/author: The Hiding Place, Corrie ten Boom.